Lower Infraction Class for NVL

alexachip91

The Value of Life infraction classification is too high, in my opinion. I understand every server is different, but this infraction is very out of line with other successful servers like nopixel for example. Nopixel lists NVL as a class B infraction which carries a penalty of a 3 day ban, whereas here in Lucid City it's a CLASS F 31 DAY BAN. I implore you to evaluate how easy it is to accidentally commit an NVL, as these infractions can happen to people in intense RP interactions where you often have to make a decision within a split second. In my opinion, this will scare away people who are interested in engaging in meaningful RP as they will be heavily punished for potential simple mistakes, quick judgement calls, and misunderstandings. This is 100% how I feel - I shy away from disputes or violent interactions in fear of rulebreaks. I think reducing this to a Class C 3 day, or even a Class D 7 day (in line with low effort infractions) ban is much more reasonable, as committing an NVL doesn't have as much of an impact on RP as other infractions like ooc targeting, griefing, excessive toxicity, low effort robbing/killing, corruption, and VDM. In fact, low effort killing and robbing, VDM, even metagaming carry a LOWER class infraction than NVL. This is unbalanced and unfair. If you want players to solve issues by roleplaying, lowering the penalty for NVL will help. Otherwise, Lucid City will continue to be a shoot first, rp later server. I say that with only good intentions and so much love for this server.

• On God Homie 1
  • What The Hell? 1
  • Take A Hike 1

• 4 months later...

If I can be honest, comparing NoPixel to Lucid City in my opinion is unjustified. In order to join NoPixel you have to submit an application vs Lucid City it's a public RP server with no application required, therefore a lot of rulebreaks will happen on this server. I think the 31 day ban is justified, because it will teach us players in the long run to follow the rules. Also by making an appeal regarding NVL, you can get your sentenced shortened by showing remorse and that you've learned from the rulebreak and your ban will either be reduced significantly or completely revoked depending on the appeal you write and how the situation happened.

Another thing I want to add to this is that if you roleplay a robbery successfully and the other party decides to NVL, no matter what happens in this situation, the robber will not receive anything in the other players pockets. Yes, the other party will lose everything due to the rulebreak of NVL, but the robber doesn't receive any reward for the roleplay. Take into consideration that there are some players in the city that are trying to make their character a "Professional Scam Artist" but with the new rule you're suggesting will only worsen this.

What I'm trying to say is that if you turn this into a 3-7 day ban, everyone in Lucid City will think it's okay to NVL no matter the circumstance due to the shortened ban you suggested. Let alone, the players can make an appeal and get their sentenced shortened by 1-2 days or completely revoked depending on their situation.

Completly Agree with @Snowberries in fact there is times where i had to train a crew of people for a week on how to pull off a robbery within rules, because there is alot that goes into a robbery, the situations really do have to be well planned out and the amount of times people already just pull out a gun agaist like 4-5 people is crazy. There is probably a 30% chance if you are going to plan a robbery on someone, they will NVL. You wont get shit and they whole crew is demotivated, then the robber has to wait in waitroom for 30-40 mins just to not get legit anything out of it. It already runnied it for me and a group of my friends! 

Edited by Bobby W Lee
miss spelled some stuff