Ban Strictness

Juan Paulito

Hi,

Since I've joined Lucid City (October 2021), I've seen how strict staff are on bans and rule breaking. I know they are supposed to follow the measures and the ban time that they are supposed to put according to the infraction, and that is completely fine, but, there are some circumstances that could be allowed to have a shorter ban time when it is a smaller infraction but still of the same family as that infraction. For example, I am permanently banned from this city because of Harassment, long story short I sent a pic of a person that I got from being on a discord call and her showing her camera furthermore her face and me having taken a screen shot of it. At that time we were chill and just joking around with it but then stuff happened in the city where we both got mad at each other. I then sent that picture of her face to herself ( in her dm) via discord. I understand that what I did was wrong and it could've been handled differently but I don't think that I deserve a perma ban for sending a picture of herself to her in discord dm. I have not sent it to anyone else but her so that's why I'm kind of mad because of the perma. I understand that it can be a form of harassment but given the circumstances and that all I've done is send a picture of her to herself through DM I don't think I deserve a permanent ban. I don't mean for this to be a ban appeal I just want staff members to realize what is happening and to develop a way to get both stories of the parties and to be more flexible depending on the case (like mine)

I hope this can be read by staff members and understand my point of view of this ban and how staff members are too strict on rule breaking in certain scenarios.

Sincerely,

Juan

Edited by Juan Paulito
  • What The Hell? 1

1 hour ago, Juan Paulito said:

Hi,

Since I've joined Lucid City (October 2021), I've seen how strict staff are on bans and rule breaking. I know they are supposed to follow the measures and the ban time that they are supposed to put according to the infraction, and that is completely fine, but, there are some circumstances that could be allowed to have a shorter ban time when it is a smaller infraction but still of the same family as that infraction. For example, I am permanently banned from this city because of Harassment, long story short I sent a pic of a person that I got from being on a discord call and her showing her camera furthermore her face and me having taken a screen shot of it. At that time we were chill and just joking around with it but then stuff happened in the city where we both got mad at each other. I then sent that picture of her face to herself ( in her dm) via discord. I understand that what I did was wrong and it could've been handled differently but I don't think that I deserve a perma ban for sending a picture of herself to her in discord dm. I have not sent it to anyone else but her so that's why I'm kind of mad because of the perma. I understand that it can be a form of harassment but given the circumstances and that all I've done is send a picture of her to herself through DM I don't think I deserve a permanent ban. I don't mean for this to be a ban appeal I just want staff members to realize what is happening and to develop a way to get both stories of the parties and to be more flexible depending on the case (like mine)

I hope this can be read by staff members and understand my point of view of this ban and how staff members are too strict on rule breaking in certain scenarios.

Sincerely,

Juan

I think you taking pictures of someone when they did not approve and then randomly sending them back to that person is creepy and harassing and a perma ban is probably correct. 

• On God Homie 4

I don't think you see it as I see it or understood everything correctly. When I took the screenshot of that persons face when they had their camera on knowingly that I was going to do it, we were just joking around with it, nothing bad, when the stuff happened in the city and we were mad at each other, yeah, they did some stuff out of city that made me mad too so it wasn't random and I don't think they took it as harassment, the person wanted to get me out of city and well it worked. It is a long story that involves a whole lot of people and a lot of bannable offenses. Either way, it was not "random" or "harassing". It was simply a matter of them wanting me banned because of everything that was happening in the city and I got trapped. I deserve a ban for this but not a perma. I think it should go down as trolling because both parties were doing it to one another and I wasn't doing anything that went under the Harassment rule (04.01, 04.02, 04.03, 04.04)

Edited by Juan Paulito

Good evening Juan, your feedback is always appreciated.

I wanted to add on to this and try clear some things up for you. First of all, it seems as if you are here to bring up your own ban, there is an appeals section that you can access and post an unban appeal from. This is not the place to mention your ban / situation due to it being a public thread. It is a lot better for staff to go over your situation and make a decision accordingly.

Second off, the staff members within Lucid will always look into every case before coming to a final decision. Permanent ban's are not something that is handed out lightly and I am sure an investigation took place. With that being said, it has to be remembered we cater to a very large number of people who play within our community, meaning not everything can be taken lightly. This is a public community and our members come from a huge variety of backgrounds, not everybody will take a situation or joke the same way. This always has to be understood within public community's. 

If you are able to, please make an appeal.

Hi,

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for responding to my comment. Secondly, I did not mean for this discussion to be talking about my ban but the person wrote a comment that I wanted to clarify. Finally, thank you for reassuring me that my ban decision was investigated on and not handed out without any truthful stories.

Thank you,