Doug Pound

Xillix

Backstory:

Raised in a Christian household, where you got up at 5 am to help Pop’s, and Ma was always slaving in the kitchen during the day. Fixn’ up some dinner for us after a full days work in the farm. Tim would be the only one helping Ma, oh how she loved him dearly.  It was just the four of us for a while, until the accident. My younger brother Tim died in a tragic accident. Doug will forever try to fill the voice that his brother once filled.  His father was a decorated military pilot who became a farmer when he met Sherry, my mother. She changed him, and sparked the joy back into him till Tim died. Life wasn’t so great after that. Dad took up drinking and became an alcoholic and Ma took her own life after battling with depression for years and finally ended it with the bottle of pills.  I didn’t see much left for me here in this small town I grew up so I enlisted and did a few tours to pay for school.  I was temped to take the easy road many times but the disgust I had for my father and how he treated my mother turned me up on my feet.  I didn’t want to become the thing that I hated. 
So here how I landed, I meet this girl at a bar and before the conversation develops, we are in her apartment and she’s undoing my pants. A few months pass and I don’t hear from her and she leaves me a message about some kid of mine that I owe her for. I could hear some asshole yelling “ he better pay or else”.  She responded “Calm down Donny! I’m working on it (trying to cover the phone with her mouth but doing a poor job at it”.  So she told this guy he’s the father, and he found out the truth. Now she wants money but I just want to marry her. Want is she doing with this loser?
I do the one responsible thing and drive into LS looking for any work to pay for my kid.
I used to shoot with Pops since I was young, I can shoot. (Skill)
I don’t have a short temper but things from my past can trigger me and over emotion can bring out my fucked up father.
Honestly, I’ve thought about it, it’s fucked up what my mother did but I can understand someone wanting to give up. I have a strong inclination to help others in need, especially when it comes to taking their life. (belief, culture)

Goals:

Good path:
Law Enforcement
Detective
Hostage Negotiator (ideally)
EMS

Bad path:
Drug Lord
Criminal Mastermind
Assassin

Sex: Male
I believe in helping those in need.
I believe in taking up arms for self defense.
I don’t condone any loss of life.

I finished military flight school, went on to serve two tours in a war zone. I have some PTSD, especially from large explosions. But I do have extensive knowledge of bomb defusal and electronics.

I finished local college after the military in Pilot/Law Enforcement. My life goal is to be a Pilot, or a Hostage Negotiator and/or Detective.

My character is conflicted, desperate and hungry. He will use his skills to acquire money at any means. Even if that means braking the law, if the right opportunity arose. This would have to counter a huge moral sense of protecting others. If my path goes dark when I’m in Lucid City I could get into a life of crime, military contracts, assassination, and even a Drug Lord or War Lord. Chances are low.

Trouble Life
-brother’s death
-father’s alcoholism (possibly reuniting with this character)
-mother’s suicide

Current Issue
-pregnant girlfriend
-need money
-want to do the right thing and marry her

Worked for military, then studied, then odd jobs in the small town in the south.

Skills
-physical

-flying
-shooting
-trauma

Weakness
-alcoholism/drugs (a)
-trauma (b)
-anger (b)

a. No drug addiction, but susceptible due to genetic influences. (Source: Military Therapist)
b. History of uncontrollable anger stemming from childhood trauma and genetic disposition.

On 8/29/2022 at 10:04 PM, Xillix said:

Backstory:

Raised in a Christian household, where you got up at 5 am to help Pop’s, and Ma was always slaving in the kitchen during the day. Fixn’ up some dinner for us after a full days work in the farm. Tim would be the only one helping Ma, oh how she loved him dearly.  It was just the four of us for a while, until the accident. My younger brother Tim died in a tragic accident. Doug will forever try to fill the voice that his brother once filled.  His father was a decorated military pilot who became a farmer when he met Sherry, my mother. She changed him, and sparked the joy back into him till Tim died. Life wasn’t so great after that. Dad took up drinking and became an alcoholic and Ma took her own life after battling with depression for years and finally ended it with the bottle of pills.  I didn’t see much left for me here in this small town I grew up so I enlisted and did a few tours to pay for school.  I was temped to take the easy road many times but the disgust I had for my father and how he treated my mother turned me up on my feet.  I didn’t want to become the thing that I hated. 
So here how I landed, I meet this girl at a bar and before the conversation develops, we are in her apartment and she’s undoing my pants. A few months pass and I don’t hear from her and she leaves me a message about some kid of mine that I owe her for. I could hear some asshole yelling “ he better pay or else”.  She responded “Calm down Donny! I’m working on it (trying to cover the phone with her mouth but doing a poor job at it”.  So she told this guy he’s the father, and he found out the truth. Now she wants money but I just want to marry her. Want is she doing with this loser?
I do the one responsible thing and drive into LS looking for any work to pay for my kid.
I used to shoot with Pops since I was young, I can shoot. (Skill)
I don’t have a short temper but things from my past can trigger me and over emotion can bring out my fucked up father.
Honestly, I’ve thought about it, it’s fucked up what my mother did but I can understand someone wanting to give up. I have a strong inclination to help others in need, especially when it comes to taking their life. (belief, culture)

Goals:

Good path:
Law Enforcement
Detective
Hostage Negotiator (ideally)
EMS

Bad path:
Drug Lord
Criminal Mastermind
Assassin

Sex: Male
I believe in helping those in need.
I believe in taking up arms for self defense.
I don’t condone any loss of life.

I finished military flight school, went on to serve two tours in a war zone. I have some PTSD, especially from large explosions. But I do have extensive knowledge of bomb defusal and electronics.

I finished local college after the military in Pilot/Law Enforcement. My life goal is to be a Pilot, or a Hostage Negotiator and/or Detective.

My character is conflicted, desperate and hungry. He will use his skills to acquire money at any means. Even if that means braking the law, if the right opportunity arose. This would have to counter a huge moral sense of protecting others. If my path goes dark when I’m in Lucid City I could get into a life of crime, military contracts, assassination, and even a Drug Lord or War Lord. Chances are low.

Trouble Life
-brother’s death
-father’s alcoholism (possibly reuniting with this character)
-mother’s suicide

Current Issue
-pregnant girlfriend
-need money
-want to do the right thing and marry her

Worked for military, then studied, then odd jobs in the small town in the south.

Skills
-physical

-flying
-shooting
-trauma

Weakness
-alcoholism/drugs (a)
-trauma (b)
-anger (b)

a. No drug addiction, but susceptible due to genetic influences. (Source: Military Therapist)
b. History of uncontrollable anger stemming from childhood trauma and genetic disposition.

I love your write up! Welcome to the city